The Security of ePostbox
Your mail couldn't be in more secure hands.
The reputation of the Isle of Man Post Office and our Integrated Mailing Solutions (IMS) division is your reassurance that the privacy of your mail will be properly protected.
Total security, as standard
Data traffic is encrypted with the most up-to-date methods. Electronic handling of letters takes place in a highly secure scanning centre in the Isle of Man and we have full ISO/IEC 27001:2005 accreditation - the internationally recognised standard for Information Security.
Our security management system ensures:
- Validity of our security policy
- Our physical and environmental security infrastructure has been audited and tested to the highest standards
- Our technical security infrastructure has been audited and tested to the highest standard
- The effectiveness of our incident management process
- A robust business continuity plan
- An on-going compliance and monitoring mechanism is in place
- Regular data penetration testing
ePostbox is as secure as online banking
Safeguarding postal privacy is at the heart of everything we do. The only postal items which will be opened are for customers who have subscribed to the service and have explicitly asked us to open them. We've been opening mail for business customers for the last ten years and have the experience needed to ensure your privacy is given the highest priority.
Who opens your mail?
Every ePostbox employee who handles your mail has passed a thorough security check. Each letter that has been opened (as always, at the customer's request) is placed immediately after scanning in a neutral envelope and put into secure storage.
The handling process has been checked and verified by an independent auditor - Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) as part of the ISO27001 accreditation process.